9.22.2008

It's official


I am going to vote this year, for the first time, since I have turned 18. For 3 years I have never voted. Today my mom sent me an email describing what happened to the women who stood up against the government so that they could have the right to vote. I feel horrible and selfish now for taking that for granted. Women were beat and thrown in jail, and I used to look at voting like it didn't matter, I now feel terrible about it because those women tried so hard and succeeded in giving women the right to vote. I feel selfish for ever taking that for granted.

I don't know who I am going to vote for because I don't think I like either candidates, but I think that my views are definately more Republican, so I don't know yet, but Daniel and I are going to register tonight and talk about the pro's and con's of both and decide who has the better values that we care about. I am glad Daniel and I both share the same values and that we can agree on important issues, it makes me happy to know that at least we can't get in arguements for thinking opposite of each other.
Wish me luck. If you'd like me to email you that message, email me at jenaem.diaz@yahoo.com
And HERE is where you will find the names of the many women who helped with this cause so that we can vote and have a choice.

1 comments:

Julie said...

I'm glad you and Daniel are going to vote and that you are going to research the issues and put some
thought into it.
I am very proud of you both.
Thanks for the article, I thought it was interesting.