11.13.2008

Bad News

My Grandfather past away last night at midnight.

I heard the phone ringing and a knew right away that it had to be bad news. No one ever calls that late.

I've never lost someone so close to my heart before. I didn't know how I would react when I thought about it before. I am just happy that my mom was there first to hold me while I cried. And I am so happy that Daniel came back to my house to comfort me all night. His arms give me the most comfort in the world, I feel so safe with him.

I am so happy I visited with my grandfather a few days before. I am really going to miss him. He was such a sweet man. And he was so wonderful and helpful to all of us.

I am still going to Bishop, but I am leaving tonight instead. Some people might think that it's selfish, but I am really hurting inside and I need to be away to think things through. I hope no one gets upset with me, it's just my way of grieving.

I hope everyone else has a good weekend.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

So sorry to hear about your grandfather. It must have been nice for him that you and Daniel had been spending so much time with him. Also, definitely a nice time to go to Bishop and get the beauty of the outdoors into your eyes and your brain and your heart.
I'm sure Hazel is having fun

Kaitlin said...

sorry hun....its such a difficult thing and I hope you guys have a nice time in bishop and Joe and I will be praying for you and your family in this hard time.