12.12.2008

Following in her footsteps.

On tuesday I went to a ceremony where they honor the people who have put, at the very least, 10 years into the LA County.

My mom and David were one of them. My mom beat David though by 10 more years. She's worked for the LA County for 30 years! I felt so proud when they said my mom's name and then I thought how beautiful she looked that day. I don't know why I think this, but my mom looks like an older version of Jenna Fischer. Call me crazy, but I just think she does.

Anyways, I was really proud of my mom for her accomplishment. She started off as a silly little typist clerk like me and then became a boss of all the secretaries in her office. She has worked so hard and it has definitely paid off. I don't know how she does it with being a single mom with 3 really obnoxious kids. This is the lady who purchased our nice and big house all on her own. I just don't think I would have the will power to do everything my mom has done. I love her and I am proud of how hard she works for us.

Here are a few pictures from that day


Congrats mom!!! I love you!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Your mom has accomplished alot, (all by herself). And she is always smiling and happy. You are a lucky girl to have her for your mom.

daniel Schubert said...

Yeah you have a really great mum. I've enjoyed gettingto know her and all your family. I know you can accomplish anything girl. I believe in you completely and will always support anything you want to do. love ya

mom said...

I loved introducing you to all my co-workers and friends. It can be fun working for the "office".