1.07.2009

Endangering my life

Just a really quick post to say that I am so lucky to be alive today. I fell asleep while driving to work and swerved into on coming traffic on a two lane high way.....I woke up just in time to see a white car headed right toward me and swerved back into my lane. I think it was a few inches from actually hitting me.

I think I have been way too stressed out lately and overwhelmed with everything going on in my life right now it's making my body and mind so tired.

Please pray for me that this doesn't happen again. I'm really terrifiedd of being seriously injured on one of my drives to work. It's times like these that make me wish I had no stress, no bills, no job. I just wish I could go to school fulltime and just worry about getting good grades.

Oh well, It's the path I've chosen and I know I will make it to the end. I think I'll be the little engine that could.

P.S. Does anyone know what I can do that might keep me awake while driving? I've been to sleep earlier, I've blasted music, I try to drink icy water the whole time, I chew on gum to keep myself busy, but those only work for a while. I am so scared. Today was one of the worst mornings ever.

4 comments:

Julie said...

There have been studies done on the benefits of getting 8 hours of sleep a night. (more alert, weight loss, more productive during the day)
After getting 8 hours of sleep, wake up earlier so your body has time to be active before you drive to work. It is a long drive and maybe you are still tired when you get in the car.
I hope these tips are helpful and not annoying.

Julie said...

Please don't fall asleep again on your way to work. We don't want to lose you or have you injured in any way.
We all love you and value your presence in our lives so much.

daniel said...

hey girl. i love you so much and don't know what i would do without you or if anything happened to you.hope you have a great day. sometimes when i get tired while driving i roll the windows down and the cold air keeps me awake. haha you are the little engine that could.

Daddy said...

Hi Jenae,

I really need you to start getting good night sleep and I will ask Daniel to give you the breaks for this to happen. I read this, and it made me sick to my stomach!

You can't argue with me on this one. I love you and need you to be healthy and safe!

Love You,

Dad