1.23.2009

Quick Post of Awesomeness

I really admire my next-door neighbor at my mom's house. Daniel and I had the opportunity to really take to her when we all went trick-or-treating and a majority of the parents (and some kids) dropped out early except for her. I always thought she was cool, but I it didn't really cement itself until we talked with her the majority of Halloween. She's so awesome, a very sweet and inspiring mom.

So what I am trying to get to is I think that she is such an awesome mom and very encouraging of her childrens creativity. Since her daughter is my sisters friend I get to see how creative she is. I wish I had a friend like her when I was younger, she is so awesome, which you can read about here and here and even here. But I know she wouldn't be that way if her mom didn't encourage such freedom of artistic expression.

So when I read that she made the exact Inaugural Meal that was made so that her children could remember this special day more easily (because taste being one of your senses, she thought it would make it easier to remember), I thought, what will this mom think of next?

She's awesome, and I am happy she is my neighbor. Keep up the good work!

p.s. Don't worry other moms I think you are so awesome too, but in different ways.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Aw, shucks! You are such a sweetie! I very much enjoyed spending Halloween with you and Daniel and getting to know you better, too. You two have an infectious love that lights up the room! We sure are grateful to have the great neighbors we do, even though we don't get to see you as often nowadays. Thank you! :)