6.16.2009

Misunderstanding

On Sunday, we were walking up to the front of LACMA, & when you first walk up it looks like this. Totally awesome right?

So we kept on walking up when all of a sudden saw this:

Which the sight of that many beautiful bright colors made me the happiest person in the world...because bright colors makes the world go round...or something along those lines.

So at first glance I thought they were a bunch of paper lanterns & thought to myself how I wanted them even more now, but then we got closer...


..& closer...



& that's when we realized that it was all made out of plastic bowls, cups, tupperware, baskets...and so on. What a neat idea! I loved it so much & I totally didn't expect it to be what it was.

We had to wait for our friends to arrive, so we sat around a waited for a little & that's when I heard some comotion going on by the display & I turn to see a guy inside of it just walking around like he owns the place (there is clearly a guard around the thing so you know not to go in, as seen in picture one) & he has two ladies taking pictures of him & the LACMA security officer is yelling at the guy to get out NOW!

But the guy doesn't leave...& the group he is with is trying to explain that it's ok, but the security guy is a bit loud & isn't paying much attention to their pleas, but then they finally finish their sentence & it turns out the guy is the artist. "It's ok, he's the artist!!"

They probably should have let them know what they were going to do, but it made for a good show & it made my day.

4 comments:

Daniel Schubert said...

you should just walk in there one day and take some work off the walls and say it's okay because you are the artist

Jenae said...

Next time we are at an art exhibit I'll do it....maybe...

Julie said...

Love the colors. Seeing all those colors definitely made me happy.

Lisa said...

How cool! I love stuff made from other stuff. :)